NEJA @ TG Com

The interview was made by Andrea Conti from TG Com


Remember the dance hit "The Game" by Neja? She won a disc for summer 1999 and was in every stage of Festivalbar. Since then much time has passed and Neja’s (real name Agnes Cacciola) back to music with "Acousticlub", revisiting the sound of a hit 80 years and 90.
Why today is no longer “bother’ us with your songs?
Then I was in search of artistic quality. Now I’m very happy the success of Giusy." Said Neja
What happened from that distant 1999?
Neja : Many things. Moments of ups and downs, artistic choices that I have formed ...
Do u have great memories of the success of The game ?
Neja :The summer of'99 was a success for me.. These are important things happened abroad tour in Japan and I lived a certain type of musical reality. It was an important moment for my life. That song has been a qualitative leap that has not happened then.
Then your record company was universal?
Neja :Exactly
What they want from you?
Neja :They wanted to do the jump from music dance to pop music. But it was absolutely the right time. Now I am game 'chewing' jazz and soul music and dance was a lucky 'accident path'.

There is some mistake that you committed in'99 and today u regret?
Neja :Believing in the wrong people. But they are fatalistic if things went well is because today I had to take a different path.

This year the Festivalbar has not aired in recent years and is struggling to find a true hit . Why?
Neja : The dance in 90 years was taken into account, although lately I have to say is a little 'back in fashion radio. But I think that in general is returning the desire in people to sing the melody of a songs.

And what do you think the success of Giusy Ferreri, from the first five weeks in the charts of albums?
Neja :I like and I am very happy for her. I think that his song, "Non ti scordar di me ever," is absolutely good song and refined.


Its song can be considered a hit?
Neja :I think that his' case 'is the result of research quality. It can be a good sign for all artists. And I also believe that X Factor, unlike programs such as Friends or Operation Triumph, has given un'acceleration to this trend.
There is a council that want to give to the artists around the world?
Neja :Do not be easy to push the success and prepare a lot, studying .. All are able to sing but lack the basics.
Returning to the new Neja, "Acousticlub" is your third disc that was self. An ambitious goal ...
Neja : I reinterpreted in a sound the successes of famous artists. It was not easy. The comparison scares anyone, but it was one thing that I had to myself.

From the sexy version of a refined elegant dance in "Acousticlub." Choice wanted?
Neja : Absolutely yes. With my stylist, we thought that the figure of a girl who remember the pin-up, the girls from Coca Cola in ‘50s could be well to this new recording project. The new look is certainly a detachment from my past dance, it is clear not innocent.
When was the new album?
Neja : Three years ago. But the path to achieve it was very long and has only materialized in recent months.
Is there any song that you have not been able to enter?
Neja : Many from Depeche Mode to Duran Duran (I was crazy in love, guitarist Andy Taylor) but also Ciny Lauper and Madonna. Who knows maybe find space in a hypothetical "Acousticlub 2." Among the Italians would have liked to redo "The cure" Battiato.. But for now I'm thinking of a new album.
In English?
Neja : Yes.
Have you ever sung in English?
Neja : Never. I have always heard black music and it is obvious that if sing in Italian also change my vocal style.


What can aspect from the disk unpublished?
Neja : I wrote about fifty songs. I suffer when in love are particularly inspired and compose a lot ...
Now you're in love?
Neja : Yes, I'm happy and in fact write little (laughs, editor's note).

The translation made by EurodanceBlog ..
The Italian version u can read HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment